Monday, July 1, 2013

A new blog for a new month


This blog has been a while in the making. Well at least 6 months or so, which seems long enough when it's something that you can do pretty much any day at anytime. It's hard to blame other people for your lack of motivation in setting up a blog that you yourself want to do. Anyway, its here now, and again only I can be blamed for not keeping it updated regularly. Unless I get a fulltime job that pays me a huge salary with a built in section that strictly forbids blogging, then you can blame complicated work contracts if you feel the need to do so.

Which bring me on to my first topic. Probably a topic of first blogs everywhere - it's strange writing a blog to an audience that you positively know does not exist - I have only just come up with the name of this blog, it hit me while playing online poker (make of that what you will) and so there is not one other person on this planet who is aware of its existence. Maybe this is a platform to say something radically controversial and intentionally offensive. Or maybe not, not this week at least. I suppose the hope is that when I have graduated to bigger and better things people will flock to this first post and chuckle and guffaw at how witty and insightful it is, and how of course I was destined for bigger and better things. Much like I did with Ezra Koenig's old college blog recently. Or else it will end up as a common 21st century relic that litter the unforgiving planet internet - the enthusiastic blog started by a bright eyed and brushy tailed blogger only to be dumped by the wayside and left loveless after a few months or years.

I think this blog will be about sports mainly, possibly some thoughts on films and filmmaking and (in the style of Adam Carolla who I have been listening to a lot recently) a healthy dose of complaining about things, cos why not, it's my blog I can do what I want with it. I plan to post something every day for the month of July along with a post on Vine. Maybe the posts will interlink or refer to each other in some way but if i were a betting man (see above) I would say they probably wont.

That's about it, I wanna work out how I can get this noticed in some way so if anyone does end up reading this and is well versed in the area of blogging do let me know if there are some special techniques or skills I need to know about.


Thought of the day - If there was any chance listening to an ipod on an airplane could in any way affect  the safe landing of a plan, they wouldn't let you bring them on the plane. 











3 comments:

  1. https://vine.co/v/haUw6KBtdZL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Sam. I expected nothing less from you. You are a gorgeous human being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you could take it, like goatse can analtherapy
    For realz I enjoyed the read, keep it up. That's what the ladies DONT have to tell me at least ;) xox

    ReplyDelete